These laws include;
- The Privacy Act 1988, which incorporates the Australian Privacy Principles for the fair handling of personal information, as administered by the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
- The Victorian Health Records Act 2001, which incorporates the Victorian Health Privacy Principles.
What this means :
- We will be fair in the way we collect personal information: we will only collect personal information necessary for what we do.
- We will be open with what we do with personal information: it will only be used or disclosed in ways that are reasonable.
- We will be open about the personal information we hold: we will allow corrections should it be wrong.
- We will review our Privacy Statement every 6 months to ensure it accurately reflects current business practices.
- Questions regarding privacy, or requests for access to information can be directed to email@example.com.
Personal Information Handling Practices
When we collect information we will explain why we are collecting it, who we may share the information with and the consequences if the information is not provided to us.
Personal information is collected for the following purposes:
- To assist in managing client and business relationships.
- To perform Pre-placement Medical Assessments.
- To assist in managing an injury.
- To generate WorkCover medical certificates.
- To generate non-identifying statistical data.
- To assist in administration and invoicing of provided services.
- To process and respond to any complaints made by you.
Examples of the types of personal information InjuryNET collects are:
- Contact information such as name, address, telephone numbers and email address.
- Sensitive health information collected during a Pre-placement Medical or an Injury Management case, such as medical history.
- Sensitive health information, complying with WorkCover procedures.
- Client specific information collected as required for development of specific practitioner networks.
Wherever possible, we will collect information directly rather than from third parties. We will do our best to advise if we collect information from a third party.
- InjuryNET online uses ‘cookies’ to collect information about the use of its website. However, there is no personal information stored in the cookie. The contents are never shared with a third party.
- InjuryNET practitioner information is password protected for privacy and security.
Use of Personal Information
Pre-Placement Medical Information
Personal information collected during a Pre-placement Medical will be provided to the medical advisers from InjuryNET and to a prospective employer. Information given to an InjuryNET trained practitioner during a Pre-placement Medical is given under implied consent, thus will be recorded as part of the Pre-placement Medical.
Injury Management Information
Personal information collected during an Injury Management telephone contact will be used to assist you and your employer in managing your injury. The information provided to your employer will only relate to the injury that you and your employer have called about and with respect to how the injury can be best managed in the workplace. If medical and like assistance is required, and InjuryNET coordinate the medical and like service, then your information will be provided to the nominated practitioner/ practice to assist in the management of your injury.
Medical Consultation Information
Personal information collected during a medical consult with an InjuryNET Practitioner may be used to comply with WorkCover procedures for managing an injury. Information given to an InjuryNET-trained practitioner during a consultation is given under implied consent thus will be recorded as part of the consultation.
Practitioner information is ONLY used for communication with workers, employers and insurers who access the InjuryNET Practitioner Network.
InjuryNET Australia Pty. Ltd. may at its discretion use other third parties to provide essential services on our site or for our business processes. We may share your details as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose. InjuryNET Australia Pty. Ltd. does not share any information with third parties for any unknown or unrelated uses.
However, this disclosure will only occur in the following circumstances:
- With consent
If personal information is to be used in a manner other than as outlined above, we will make every effort to obtain consent. Occasionally during the course of a Pre-placement Medical it is necessary to exchange information with a third party, such as a treating doctor. Consent for this exchange will be obtained during the Pre-placement Medical.
- Where required by law
In certain circumstances InjuryNET may be required by law to disclose personal information, for example, where disclosure is ordered by a Court, or subpoenaed in relation to third party litigation. We also reserve the right to choose to disclose information to law enforcement agencies in circumstances described in the National Privacy Principles and other applicable laws and regulations, including for the purpose of investigating alleged contraventions of the law.
Personal Information Access
InjuryNET respects the rights of its practitioners, clients and their employees to access their personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, and as such they may request access.
If the information held is incorrect we will invite you to provide us with the correct information. InjuryNET reserves the right to charge a fee to cover the costs associated with providing access to personal information.
InjuryNET will deal with a written request for access within 30 days of receipt of request or 7 days after payment of fee. InjuryNET will take reasonable steps to make sure that the information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Periodically InjuryNET will contact practitioners to confirm the accuracy of the information held. If the information held is incorrect we will invite you to provide us with the correct information.
Storage of Collected Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. InjuryNET will provide secure storage for sensitive health information while the information is in InjuryNET’s possession.
When you enter sensative information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links on the InjuryNET Australia Pty. Ltd. site to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this policy statement only cover the domain name of www.InjuryNET.com.au.
InjuryNET Australia Pty. Ltd. Security for Online Payments
InjuryNET Australia Pty. Ltd. uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands Â of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet.
All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by InjuryNET Australia Pty. Ltd. or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by InjuryNET Australia Pty. Ltd.
For more information about eWAY and online credit card payments, please visit www.eway.com.au
Refund & Returns Policy
If you have any questions or suggestions please contact us at email@example.com.
This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time.